Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
An easy and delicious meal. True comfort food.
Make and share this Crock Pot Steak and Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Cut steak into serving size pieces and place in bottom of cooker.
- In bowl, combine tomato sauce, onion soup mix. oil, vinegar, oregano, garlic powder and pepper. and pour over meat.
- Scrub and pierce potatoes and place on top of meat.
- Cook on low heat for 7-7 1/2 hours or until meat and potatoes are tender.
- Combine water and cornstarch until smooth (boil in a saucepan 2 minutes or until thickened) and add to drippings.
My husband's distinction between four stars and five is, it's good (four stars) or it's once-a-week (five stars). This was good and we enjoyed it. I had a baby that was tired so I skipped thickening the sauce. We have a quarter grass-fed beef in the freezer and it isn't as tender as the grain fed from the store but is better for you. So I think if I had time to cook this a little longer it would have been more tender. I cooked it for 4 hours on high rather than the 7 the recipe instructed. The potatoes were perfect. This is a tasty recipe. Thanks.