Recipe by Celtic_Mom
This is an adaptation of a recipe from Betty Crocker. My family really loved this recipe, including my very picky son. We had ours with Italian bread for dipping.
Top Review by cookee monster
I made this for PAC Fall 2008. There's nothing really wrong with this recipe other than it didn't have enough flavor for our tastes. I think it could do with less broth, at least one can less. I added a big dash of Montreal Steak Seasoning to the left overs. I think that this is a good base recipe. Other veggies could be added and any number of spices.
- 1 lb boneless steak (I used a cheap braising steak)
- 1 lb small red potato, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup of chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn on crock pot, cut beef into bite size pieces.
- Mix beef, potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, garlic, bouillon, pepper, and broth in the crock pot (all ingredients except water and flour).
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8-9 hours.
- Turn crock pot on high, mix flour and water.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture to the crock pot.
- Cover and cook an additional 25 minutes or until thickened.