Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 hrs
My friend, Arlene, made this tasty finger food often, and I asked for the recipe. It's great for buffet or backyard parties. Note that if you'd like these rolls a bit more spicy, you may add salsa or chili powder to the green chile mixture.
- 2 lbs flank steaks (a cheap cut) or 2 lbs round steaks (a cheap cut)
- pepper (optional)
- garlic paste
- 5 -6 green chilies, fresh (or canned)
- 30 crescent rolls, approximately
- Rub steak with salt, pepper and garlic paste.
- Cook overnight or all day on low in the crock pot.
- Do not add water!
- When the meat is falling apart tender, remove from crock pot and shred with a fork.
- Add green chilies and return mixture to the crock pot.
- Cook on medium speed until all flavors are blended.
- Spread meat and chili mixture on crescent rolls.
- Roll up and bake on a cookie sheet 350 degrees until rolls are browned.
- Place the rolls on a platter and keep warm on a heating tray.
I made these for a party and they were a huge hit! I even made it one night for dinner at DH request! I did add a little salsa to the shreded meat and chili mixture and a small slice of pepperjack cheese in wrap. Will deffinately make this one again!