Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
The weather is starting to cool off now and this is a easy chili recipe for the crock pot. This chili is very thick and rich. Makes a lot.
- 2 lbs boneless beef cubes, for stew
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) canschili-style chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sour cream
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut the beef into 1-inch cubes.
- Place beef in slow cooker and turn it on low.
- Sprinkle the chili powder, garlic powder and cumin over the meat.
- Add onion and green pepper.
- Drain and rinse the cans of beans and add them to the slow cooker.
- Add tomatoes and sugar.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Uncover and sir in the tomato paste.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with sour cream and cheddar cheese.
I was using up some beef I had leftover and came across this recipe. I was really getting tired of eating all my excess beef UNTIL I tried this recipe! This was a wonderful chili, and normally I would much prefer ground beef in my chili- not any more! It took about 9 hours in my crock pot (6 on low and 3 on high-my pot takes forever to cook!). At the end my beef was tender (but still in cubes) so I broke it up with a potato masher, giving me the texture I wanted. Thanks Mary, for this super recipe! Roxygirl
It is a pretty average chili. It was easy to make. I used ground beef instead. Overall it is good chili recipe.
This is the best chili I've ever tasted. Hands down. Instead of using all 2lbs stewing beef I substituted 1.5lbs sirloin steak (chopped) and 0.5lobs stew beef. Excellent!!!