Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Received from a friend.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Sprinkle one side of steak with salt and pepper, parmesan cheese, and parsley flakes.
- Roll up and place in crock pot. (I sometimes secure with toothpick, but be careful when eating.).
- Mix tomato soup, vinegar and oregano and pour over steak.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours.
- Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.
Not what I expected, it came out very dry and a little tough. I made exactly as the recipe called for. Next time I will add a little more liquid.
This was not so much my cup of tea but my husband really liked it. It was very tender. I should have tied or picked the rolled steak together as it did come apart quite a bit. The sauce is (of course) very srong tomato. You can more smell the cheese (which is nice) than taste it. I think the sauce would make a nice base for a soup. Add in chunks of the leftover beef, a few veggies, and some pasta and it would be great -- except that my husband has claimed the meat for sandwiches tomorrow! Thank you for posting your recipe.