Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Very nice on fall days for a fast dinner. I like to prepare it the night before and let it cook while we're at work.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks, cut into serving sized pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lb baby carrots
- 2 medium russet potatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- Brown steak in skillet with 2T. olive oil. Transfer to crock pot and set aside. In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce, and seasonings. Place potatoes, carrots and mushrooms on top of browned steak and pour sauce over all.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until steak is tender and veggies are done.
- For gravy if you like it: Add 1/4 cup of beef broth and 2 T. of flour to crockpot about 30 minutes before serving allow to cook and thicken.
This was an OK dish for us. I had higher hopes, but the veggies and steak all just tasted the same and looked the same. I added sliced onions along with the gravy ingredients, but we thought it needed something extra to liven it up.
I highly recommend this dish! It was excellent, and the whole family enjoyed it. I didn't have any mushrooms, so I added an onion, yum! The veggies in this turned out so nice, and the steak had a great flavor to it. Just love these crock pot recipes, thanks for posting.