1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Squash Couscous
5 hrs 15 mins
Here, slowly cooked squash and raisins add their flavour to a tasty broth that plumps up the couscous. Serve with a splash of hot pepper sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 butternut squash (about 1 1/2, lbs.)
- 2 yellow zucchini or 2 green zucchini
- 1 small Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup sultana raisin
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1Peel and cut squash into 2-inch cubes. Halve zucchini lengthwise; cut into 2-inch pieces.
- 2Place in slow cooker.
- 3Add onion, stock, chickpeas, raisins, sugar, butter, ginger, salt, pepper and turmeric.
- 4Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- 5Increase heat to high; cover and cook for 15 minutes or until reduced slightly.
- 6With slotted spoon, remove vegetable mixture to bowl; cover and keep warm.
- 7Place couscous in large bowl; pour 2 cups of the hot broth over couscous.
- 8Cover with plastic wrap; let stand for 5 to 10 minutes or until couscous is plumped.
- 9Fluff with fork.
- 10Make well in centre of couscous; spoon in vegetables.
- 11Pour remaining broth over top; sprinkle with parsley.
- 12Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- 13Canadian Living.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Squash Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.4
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 201.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: