1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Split Pea Soup (Lower-Fat)
4 hrs 10 mins
I have left the chili flakes as optional you may omit of adjust to suit heat level, also all chicken broth or all water may be used, also the milk is optional and to be added in at the end of cooking --- using fat-free milk makes this soup extremely low-fat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces dried split peas
- 2 cups fully-cook cubed ham
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups very hot chicken broth
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/3-1/2 cup hot milk (optional and to be added in at the end of cooking)
- 1Pick out and discard any discolored split peas then rinse thoroughly in a colander under cold water then spread into the bottom of the crockpot.
- 2Layer the next 10 ingredients over the peas as stated starting with the ham and lastly the boiling water (do not add in the cream and DO NOT STIR!).
- 3Cover and cook on HIGH setting for about 4-5 hours or until veggies are tender.
- 4OPTIONAL at the end of cooking stir in hot milk then discard the bay leaf.
Browse Our Top Time To Make Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Time To Make Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Split Pea Soup (Lower-Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.7
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 1.9 mg
- Sodium 546.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.9 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 22.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: