Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is wonderful in the crock pot! Great after dinner pudding. Can toss it in the afternoon and ready for after dinner.
- 10 ounces frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- Drain raspberries, reserving juice in liquid measure; add enough water to make 1 cup, set aside.
- In greased 8 inch square metal cake pan, toss raspberries with 1/4 cup sugar; set raspberry mixture aside. If using the crockpot only. Line with tin foil and grease.
- Cake topping: In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, then vanilla.
- In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to butter mixture alternately with milk and flour mixture.
- Dollop evenly over raspberries, smoothing top; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring reserved raspberry juice and remaining 1/4 cup sugar to boil; pour over batter.
- Cook for 4 hours. check after 3 1.2 hours.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
This sounds good, but please give us the crockpot directions. I cannot z-mail you. Would like to try this in crockpot.
This is a pudding? It sounds like a cake! And how would you make it in a crockpot? Or is it kind of like a cobbler where it gets cake-y on top?