Recipe by Miss Annie
I love the spinach in these shells. It makes a good hearty meal.
Top Review by yooper
Very tasty and easy to put together! I made a minor substitution...used ricotta mixed with egg in place of the cottage cheese. I didn't miss the meat in this one at all! Thanks Miss Annie, this will be made often!
- 1 (12 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed, and squeezed dry
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook jumbo shells according to package directions.
- Drain and set aside.
- Pour 1/2 of spaghetti sauce into crock pot.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach and remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Stuff each pasta shell with spinach mixture and layer in crock pot.
- Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over shells.
- Cook on LOW for 4 hours.