Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I love the spinach in these shells. It makes a good hearty meal.
- 1 (12 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed, and squeezed dry
- Cook jumbo shells according to package directions.
- Drain and set aside.
- Pour 1/2 of spaghetti sauce into crock pot.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach and remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Stuff each pasta shell with spinach mixture and layer in crock pot.
- Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over shells.
- Cook on LOW for 4 hours.
Very tasty and easy to put together! I made a minor substitution...used ricotta mixed with egg in place of the cottage cheese. I didn't miss the meat in this one at all! Thanks Miss Annie, this will be made often!
This was really yummy! I needed more sauce, though. My spaghetti sauce can was only 26 oz. (ever notice how "they" start w/ large sizes, then gradually get smaller, but keep the price the same??!!) SO - some of my shells burned to the sides of the crockpot. (I was gone all day, or would've checked on it & caught this) Also - when reheating the leftovers, they were kinda dry - so I'd recommended using at least the stated amount of spaghetti sauce. As another note here- my husband hates spinach, and ate these w/o hesitation, as did my ds's (ages 5 & 3) - so this is a "keeper!" Thanks for sharing, Miss Annie! I never tried pasta in the crockpot before. My cousin unexpectedly popped in for lunch, so I heated her a plate, and she is taking home the recipe, too! She LOVED it, as did her 5 yr old DS. So - again, my thanks!
I had no idea these stuffed shells would turn out so well cooked in a crock pot. Tasted so yummy and with very little time spent in the kitchen. Thanks so much Miss Annie. Very filling and loved that rich cheesy taste.