Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a yummy way to eat spinach - even my kids will eat it. It is adapted from the "Fix it & Forget it" cookbook.
- 3 (10 ounce) boxes frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Pour into crock pot.
- Cook on High 1 hour. Reduce heat to Low and cook 3 more hours.
What an easy side dish to prepare. I loved the creamy texture and taste. I didn't have any Cheddar cheese, so I used Mozzerella instead. It added another layer of flavor and texture. The spinach lovers enjoyed this so much. Next time I will add a little garlic salt.
Thanks so much for sharing this recipe.
I used about 1 c. feta in place of cheddar, and topped the spinach mixture with 3 slices of co-jack cheese. Used 2% cottage cheese. Good and easy. Thanks,
It was good. Needed some garlic, but nice. Thanks