Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
If you are a spinach lover, you should love this! This is a great side dish especially good with a holiday meal. You can prepare it all in advance and refrigerate until you are ready to turn the crock pot on. Leftovers are great, too.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups cottage cheese (I prefer small-curd)
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups American cheese, cubed
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Grease a crock pot.
- Combine all ingredients and pour into the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 1 hour.
- You will know it's done when the edges start to get brown.
Love this recipe. I used white cheddar?.make sure the spinach is well drained. Delicious!
This was so hearty and delish. I made it for Thanksgiving and have been craving ever since. Will be making it again. I used reduced fat cheddar instead of American cheese.
Absolutely delightful, and very easy! Perfect side-dish for sausages, and I'm going to try the leftovers as a filling for a vegetarian lasagne. Thank you!