Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Simple, convenient, yummy...what more can you ask for?
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (13 ounce) canquartered artichoke hearts, rinsed drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2⁄3 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Combine cream cheese and half and half in a bowl until well blended.
- Add all ingredients except monterey jack and stir well.
- Pour mixture into crock pot, cook on high for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until warmed through.
- Sprinkle with monterey jack and enjoy!
I've made this dip multiple times to rave reviews. I use green onion instead of plain because I like the delicate flavor and it's easier to chop. :) This is the first recipe I've tried that didn't leave a grease pool on top of the dish... Super thick and rich and OH so cheesy and creamy. Thank you so much!! It's my favorite for taking to potlucks.
I have been using this recipe for over a year and I finally decided to register with food.com just so I can review it. This recipe gets me so many compliments and I have been asked for the recipe numerous times! If we get invited anywhere I am always asked to bring this dish and I have been told that it is restaurant quality and I should sell it! It's soo good. That being said I know people hate when you review something and say these are all the ways I changed the recipe but that is how I tweak my recipes to make them extra good so I am going to share that I add a can of Rotel chunky diced tomatoes and chiles for a little spice (sometimes even two cans) and it adds sooo much to the flavor, I also add a spoonful or so of sour cream and a squirt of mayo and slightly less spinach as well as a little more garlic and parmesan. It really brings out the flavor and it is such a hit wherever I go! So glad I found this recipe. It is my go to for artichoke dip base.
I tripled this recipe for a BBQ. I would probably decreased the spinach a little bit. I am not going to say an amount b/c it is personal preference. I think the onions are a must. I thought it needed more zing so I added a few chopped jalapenoes. Just enough to bring out the flavor more.