Recipe by fitmama
This is a combination of a five star vegan recipe, my own, and a friends. I always use this recipe when I make seven bean soup, its a keeper!
- 1 (1 lb) packagecubed 95% lean ham
- 2 cups seven beans, with seasoning included
- 5 cups water
- 1 small onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces baby carrots
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 5 cups of water with beans in crock pot and let stand overnight.
- Drain standing water from the crock pot and add 5 fresh cups cold water.
- Add spices, sauces,& vegetables to the crock pot.
- Cook on high for approximately 6 hours or until beans are done, then cook on low for an additional 2 hours.