Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
These are great for football parties! You can make the meat spicy with the hot peppers or for the wienies use mild (I'm teasing!) The leftovers are awesome made into quick chimichangas. Put the meat into a tortilla, roll and fold, and fry. Use more or less meat and peppers depending on the guest list.
- 2 lbs roast
- 2 (12 ounce) jars banana pepper rings (hot, medium or mild)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 -4 minced garlic cloves
- 10 hoagie rolls
- 10 slices provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a skillet and brown the roast on all sides adding salt and pepper to each side.
- Put roast, garlic, pepper rings, and onion in a crockpot and cook on low 8-10 hours or high 4-5 hours.
- Serve on a split hoagie roll with the cheese (You may want to toast the rolls after you cut them because them meat will be juicy!).
I received this recipe from a friend at work also...it is sooo good. The flavors of the roast just make your mouth water. Thank you for posting, I can throw away my paper copy now :).