1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Spicy Bean Soup
6 hrs 10 mins
Caroline Cooks's Note:
Spicy version of my Senate Bean Soup. Freezes well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In heavy skillet, fry bacon until crisp. Remove to paper toweling.
- 2Sauté celery and onion in bacon drippings until tender.
- 3Add garlic; cook to fragrant.
- 4Place beans, water, broth, onion mixture, and ham in crock pot.
- 5Add seasonings and combine well.
- 6Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- 7Just before serving, extract about 1 cup of beans; mash well; and return to crock pot. Stir to blend.
- 8Add crumbled bacon.
- 9Serve with skillet cornbread or cheese crackers.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Spicy Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.2
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 18.4 mg
- Sodium 903.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 33.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili seasoning mix