Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Have this ready in time and just leave it in your crock pot on the low setting to serve to your guests. This amount is for my 3 liter/quart pot and is easy to adapt for a larger pot. I like to use white sugar but brown can be used if you prefer a darker color. You can add rum or vodka to each serving for a kicked up version.
- 8 cups apple cider
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 orange, quartered
- 1⁄2 lemon, cut in half
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 15 whole cloves (tied up in muslin)
- 1 inch fresh ginger, cut in slices
- Put all ingredients in the crock pot.
- Cook on high for 2 hours, then on low for 3 hours.
- Remove the fruit and spices before serving.
Everyone loved this! I used vanilla sugar. THE PICKY one was worried it would be too lemony but she ended up drinking most of it, lol. A nice change of pace with the citrus. Cider in the crock pot is just the best. Made for PAC Fall '08.