Recipe by byZula
From Diana Rattray at about.com.
Top Review by piranhabriana
This was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too tomato-y for us. I think it could do completely without the can of stewed tomatoes and be fine - it was easy enough to where I intend to try it like that because I have never found a way to make Spanish rice that turns out good at all.
- 2 lbs ground chuck or 2 lbs beef round steak
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups raw rice, converted
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- shredded monterey jack cheese (optional) or cheddar cheese (optional)