This is such an easy sauce to throw in the pot in the morning, then forget about it until you're ready for dinner! You may also add any vegetables you like or 1-2 lbs. browned meat.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) canspetite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (more or less to taste)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Place all ingredients, except parmesan cheese, in a crock pot.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Turn crock pot on low for 8 hours, more or less, until you are ready to eat.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese while pasta is boiling.