Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 hrs
A simple sauce recipe to put together so you have a delicious meal to come home to. This recipe is for a 4 quart crockpot, 1/2 it if your crockpot is smaller.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, with juice
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 garlic cloves, pressed
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Brown meats & onion in a skillet & drain well.
- Transfer to your crockpot.
- Add remaining ingredients & mix well.
- Cover & cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Serve over hot spaghetti noodles.
I made half the recipe and used only ground beef. Very good spaghetti sauce. You could add mushrooms or pepper or olives if you wanted to. Made for My-3-Chefs-June 2012.