Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Cook the pasta, toss the salad and enjoy
Make and share this Crock Pot Spaghetti Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 236.59 ml sliced mushrooms
- 14.79 ml chopped garlic (I use the chopped in a jar)
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 170.09 g tomato paste
- 177.44 ml dry red wine
- 14.79 ml dried basil leaves
- 14.79 ml dried oregano leaves
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 4.92 ml fennel seed
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Cook ground beef, onions, pepper, mushrooms and garlic over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until ground beef is cooked.
- pour ground beef mixture ino crock pot; stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
Had a great blend of taste. The only thing we found we would change was I would add some spaghetti sauce to the mix. It didn't coat the noodles well, more like a stew than a sauce. I will definitely cook this again. Thanks
This is just an excellent sauce and very easy to do in the crockpot. I think the hint of fennel puts this over the top. I can't see how I would change this. It doesn't, however, feed 10 around here. I'll get three meals out of it. I used a lot on my pasta. It was just that good!!