Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Cook the pasta, toss the salad and enjoy
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 236.59 ml sliced mushrooms
- 14.79 ml chopped garlic (I use the chopped in a jar)
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 170.09 g tomato paste
- 177.44 ml dry red wine
- 14.79 ml dried basil leaves
- 14.79 ml dried oregano leaves
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 4.92 ml fennel seed
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Cook ground beef, onions, pepper, mushrooms and garlic over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until ground beef is cooked.
- pour ground beef mixture ino crock pot; stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
Had a great blend of taste. The only thing we found we would change was I would add some spaghetti sauce to the mix. It didn't coat the noodles well, more like a stew than a sauce. I will definitely cook this again. Thanks
This is just an excellent sauce and very easy to do in the crockpot. I think the hint of fennel puts this over the top. I can't see how I would change this. It doesn't, however, feed 10 around here. I'll get three meals out of it. I used a lot on my pasta. It was just that good!!