Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This a favorite in my family. It’s always a crowd pleaser, and it makes enough to feed a lot of people. For variety, I sometimes add shredded carrots, or substitute crushed tomatoes for some of the canned sauce, or even fresh tomatoes from the garden. This will make a chunkier sauce. I have also added browned ground beef, sausage, and meat balls to this sauce. But it taste great without meat too. It’s also great in Lasagna or anywhere else you would use tomato sauce. It makes 3-4 large meals and freezes well too. Note: You will need a large crock pot for this.
- 5 (28 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (12 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 16 ounces favorite pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- fresh basil, chopped
- parmesan cheese
- Place ingredients in the crock pot and cook on high for 6-8 hours.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, and toss with olive oil and basil. Serve pasta toped with sauce and Parmesan cheese.