Recipe by Nickeletta
I love this spaghetti sauce, I make it monthly and then freeze into individual dinner size portions. Originally from Quick Cooking, I think. *In my house a serving is 1/2 cup, and I freeze my sauce in 2 cups containers.
Top Review by 1stgrambo
This is a very good basic spaghetti sauce recipe, but whenever you have sugar in a recipe with tomatoes, try finely chopping a few carrots with your food processor or blender. Amounts can be adjusted to taste.
A good way to eliminate some sugar from your diet, AND get a few extra veggies into your family!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper