Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
The best thing to come out of my crock pot! Very economical, this rotini takes on a good flavor with the meat cooked right in the sauce...excellent Italian spaghetti sauce!
- 2 (26 1/2 ounce) canshunts spaghetti sauce
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground chuck
- Just take your 2 cans Hunts Meat Spaghetti sauce, throw in 1 onion-diced,and 1 lb ground beef or chuck(just pull apart with fingers, it'll separate more during cooking) and let simmer for awhile, until the meat is done(I peek at mine after about 4 to 5 hours just to give it a stir).
- When your sauce is done, boil your rotini noodles up and drain.
- Add this spaghetti sauce to the noodles -- the flavor when you do this is amazing! It's kinda like a goulash, really good with cornbread -- It's funny cuz I never liked the Hunts canned Spaghetti sauce before -- cooking the meat in the sauce really changes the flavor -- but it has to be Hunts -- I tried using Prego and no go!
- You don't have to use this crockpot method either -- you can simmer it over medium heat if you don't have time to slow cook it -- .