Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I took 'Crock Pot Spaghetti' and revised it quite a bit and it was really good this way too. I try to get turmeric in anything that will mask the flavor because it is so good for your health. It is an Indian spice. If you don't have it, leave it out. This was a way to get more veggies into my kids without too much complaint.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning (I used Penzey's Pasta Sprinkle)
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- swiss chard leaf, torn into small pieces
- 1 quart tomato sauce or 1 quart puree
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup kombucha (if needed to thin sauce out, or add more tomato sauce) or 1 cup water (if needed to thin sauce out, or add more tomato sauce)
- 4 ounces dry lasagna noodles, broken into pieces
- Brown ground beef in skillet; drain and place in crock pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir together.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours.