Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Very easy slow cook supper. We add a salad to this.
- 6 pork chops (3/4 inches thick)
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced ripe olives
- Put all ingredients EXCEPT cheese and olives in crockpot.
- Cook on hi 3 hours.
- Reduce to low for 5 hours.
- Place on platter, sprinkle the cheese and olives on top.
Very nice. Chops fell apart on the fork,and the sauce was delish.I did as i always do by added some balsamic vinager for the tomatoes, to me (maybe only me)it gives it a kick.Also saved myself some time and another dirty pot,last 45 minutes put in halfed potatoes. Thank you for posting.In the cook book for another day for sure.
The pork was so tender and the total flavor was very appealing. This will be a "keeper" recipe. Thanks so much for sharing!
I substituted Rotel tomatoes instead of the stewed tomatoes and my family loved it. My eleven-year-old said it tasted like "restaurant food" (which was supposed to be a compliment!!!) This is a definite keeper and should be equally good with boneless/skinless chicken breasts.