Recipe by Blake B
Extremely simple chicken breast recipe for crock pots. Recipe found at http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=984160&page=1&forum_id=12
Top Review by Carolyn W
Before I left town for the weekend I searched for easy-to-prepare-ahead-of-time recipes to leave for my DH (in an attempt to prevent him from getting fast food.) It worked! I combined all of the ingredients (including frozen chicken) in the crockpot and stuck it in the fridge with complete step-by-step cooking directions for him. I added some garlic powder, crushed red pepper, and cumin, in addition to a small can of sliced olives. I told him to top the finished meal with sliced green onions, shredded cheese, and sour cream. He ate it for dinner and lunch the following day and didn't leave any leftovers for me! He NEVER cooks, so the fact that he "cooked" this is amazing! I give it 4 stars for convenience and he gives it 4 stars for taste.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies (rotel)
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, or any other seasonings you like (or none at all).
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of crock pot.
- Add corn.
- Add black beans.
- Add diced tomatoes and green chilies.
- Cook on LOW setting for 8 hours.
- Serve as is or with rice.