I found this basic recipe in Southern Living years ago and have modified it slightly through the years. Here is the delicious result.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, may be frozen
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 28 ounces chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, Rotel is good
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- tortilla chips
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook for 4- 6 hours on High or 8 hours on low.
- Shred chicken before serving.
- Serve topped with tortilla chips and cheese. May serve over tortillas chips if desired.