Recipe by Evalyn Hinz
So good and easy and the chicken is so tender. I have made this for years but I see they have a similar recipe on the Campbell soup can. I don't know who came first.
Top Review by YnkyGrlDwndr
I don't know what I did wrong but this just wasn't what I was looking for. It was soup... and masses of it. I used a kg of chicken thigh fillets and there was still way more 'sauce' than necessary. I omitted the potatoes and had rice instead. I just decided to cut the chicken in bite size pieces and chuck the rice in it and have it as a soup but it was salty and tasted just like the canned soups with no added pizazz. Couldn't taste the sour cream or other spices added. Sorry but this just didn't to it for us and am so disappointed because there is enough of it for an army. Sorry Evalyn. (I assumed the cans of soup were the avg condensed soup varieties.)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 3 cans new potatoes
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a crock pot add all ingredients except chicken and potatoes.
- Whisk until smooth (you may need to add a little more water).
- Add chicken.
- Cook all day on low or cook on high for 4 hrs.
- Add potatoes and cook for 1 hour. If you cook all day, warm potatoes in a pan before you put them in soup mixture.