Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From mybestcrockpotrecipes.org. Couldn't find any cheese souffle recipes for the slow cooker here, so I've input this one to try soon. If anyone has tried it, comments are welcome!
- 1. Tear bread in small pieces. Place 1/2 in well greased slow cooker. Add 1/2 cheese, 1/2 butter dotted around the top.
- 2. Add remaining bread, cheese and butter.
- 3. Beat eggs. Add a little hot milk to the eggs, bringing the temperature up so they don't scramble when added to the scalded milk (called tempering); then beat egg/milk mixture into the scalded milk.
- 4. Add Worcestershire sauce and salt. Pour over bread and cheese.
- 5. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- 6. Cover and cook on LOW 4-6 hours. Do not open until ready to serve.
- Serves 6-8.