Recipe by Mick's Kitchen
From mybestcrockpotrecipes.org. Couldn't find any cheese souffle recipes for the slow cooker here, so I've input this one to try soon. If anyone has tried it, comments are welcome!
- 14 slices fresh white bread, crust removed
- 3 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk, scalded (heated to 180 degrees, just to the edge of boiling)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Tear bread in small pieces. Place 1/2 in well greased slow cooker. Add 1/2 cheese, 1/2 butter dotted around the top.
- 2. Add remaining bread, cheese and butter.
- 3. Beat eggs. Add a little hot milk to the eggs, bringing the temperature up so they don't scramble when added to the scalded milk (called tempering); then beat egg/milk mixture into the scalded milk.
- 4. Add Worcestershire sauce and salt. Pour over bread and cheese.
- 5. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- 6. Cover and cook on LOW 4-6 hours. Do not open until ready to serve.
- Serves 6-8.