Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
- 2 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal (or similar)
- 3 cups Rice Chex (or similar)
- 2 cups shredded wheat cereal, bite size
- 1 cup peanuts or 1 cup pecans or 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup thin pretzel stick
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- Combine cereals, nuts, and pretzels in Crock-Pot.
- Mix melted butter with all remaining ingredients; pour over cereal mixture in crock pot and toss lightly to coat.
- DO NOT COVER CROCK POT.
- Cook on High setting for 2 hours, stirring well every 30 minutes.
- Turn to LOW setting for 2-6 hours.
- Store in airtight container.
We enjoyed this very much. I took it on our vacation and we nibbled on it throughout. Thanks for the easy recipe.
This Mix was really good but I had the same problem with the cheerios shriveling and the pieces starting to burn a bit, even though I stirred it much more than every 30 mins. So after an hour I turned it to low for 1/2 hour then spread it out on a pan to dry and it was fine that way. I think next time I will just use the oven but the recipe itself was great, We could not stop eating it :)
This was so easy to make in the crock pot. I followed the recipe as written other then I used garlic powder and onion powder instead of garlic and onion salt as that is what I had on hand. I also didn't add the tabasco sauce. I only had to cook mine on high for the two hours. Everyone enjoyed it. Made for Fall PAC 2008.