Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Here is one recipe that you can't make mistakes with.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks, cut in strips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen French-cut green beans
- Place steak strips, flour, salt, and pepper in crock pot, stirring well to coat steak.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Serve with rice.
Mmm Mmm Good! I just made this recipe the other night. I had the recipe in an old crockpot cookbook that I used. I am so glad to see that it is posted. I love this recipe and am thinking of making it again so I will have some to freeze. I put extra onions and mushrooms and cooked it overnight for ten hours. I just thought maybe carrots and celery would be good in it too. My recipe also called for 2 TBSP of molasses. I put one TBSP and it turned out real good. **Did I say how good this recipe is?!**
Total comfort food! I made it as written minus the green pepper. It reminded me of a thick stew, but it went great over rice. I ground up some of the leftovers (it makes a lot) and fed them to my delighted nine-month old.
My favorite recipe - one my mom made for us 15+ years ago. I use stew meat instead and eat it like a stew instead of over rice. You must try this recipe!