Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I got this recipe from one of my best friends. It's wonderful served over noodles or rice. I even accidentally wrote this one twice in my hand-written cookbook. Guess I wanted to make sure I didn't misplace it! :D Cook time depends on crock setting (low or high).
- 3 lbs beef chuck or 3 lbs round steaks, in 1 inch strips
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 -4 green peppers, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, in juice
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- Put meat strips, flour, salt and pepper in 6-quart crock, stirring to coat.
- Add all remaining ingredients, cover and cook 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
- Serve over noodles or rice.
I like easy recipes such as this one. Hubbie really liked it. I didn't like it as much as he did, but would make it again because he does. I did 4 hours on high, created a nice consistency. I added a few cloves of roasted garlic to it.