Recipe by angie_pangie
Haven't seen this on the zaar yet, I found it on the web years ago when I was on a low-carb diet. I've tweaked it here and there and changed it along the years. This is a frequent request for pitch-ins and get togethers!
Top Review by lazyme
This was a nice mushroom dish that I served with/over roast beef. It was very rich and tasty. I assumed by the total time listed, that these should cook in the crockpot for about 4 hours, which I felt was a little too long because they got a little too thick for us. Next time, I would cook them a little less time. Thanks angie pangie for a good mushroom dish.
- 2 lbs fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 12 ounces bacon, fried and crumbled (reserve fat)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter (not margarine)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can pitted black olives, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Add Worcestershire sauce and butter to bacon fat and sauté mushrooms until tender, but not browned or crisp.
- In crock pot, mix together sour cream and cream cheese.
- Toss in mushrooms, bacon and olives (drain the bacon fat first).
- Keep hot in crock pot, do not boil.