Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
My Mom used to make this all the time in the oven. However I have changed it to lower the fat content and tried it in my crock pot. It worked out wonderful and I wanted to share.
- 8 pieces chicken (I use Legs & Thighs, Skinned and all visible fat removed)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can milk (use soup can)
- garlic powder
- Place Chicken in Crockpot, Season (to taste).
- Sprinkle Flour on Chicken.
- Mix Soup and Milk (till creamy).
- Pour over Chicken.
- Cook for 4-6 Hours.
- Nice Gravy can be used over Potatoes, Rice or Pasta.
Braunda, I threw all the ingredients for this into the crockpot and went out into the beautiful spring air today and had an excellent chicken dinner waiting for me on my return! The chicken is so tender with this recipe that it simply falls off the bones! I served it with mashed potatoes and Bergy's Stir Fried Asparagus with Mushrooms recipe #22865, and a crisp green tossed salad. Delicious and simple! What more could you ask? Thank you so much, Braunda, for sharing this recipe with all of us on Zaar!
This was great! I added an extra 1 1/2 tsp flour, because of brau's stern admonishment to watch the fat (I prepared this in the oven), and it came out fantastic. Kudos to Brau! Now if only we could see more turtle recipes......
I don't know which was better, the recipe the first time or the hot chicken and gravy open-faced sandwiches the next day. I used mushroom garlic soup as only kind I had on hand. In doing so I did not add more garlic.