Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I adapted this from a regular smothered chicken recipe. You can use 8 ounces of sliced canned mushrooms, if desired, or 1 pound of fresh mushrooms.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- mushroom gravy mix, 1 package
- 12 ounces evaporated milk, 1 can
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, undrained
- Heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, green pepper, carrots, and celery. Saute 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Add chicken and cook 6-7 minutes per side or until browned.
- Add to crockpot.
- Combine mushroom gravy mix and milk. Stir into chicken mixture in crockpot.
- Add mushrooms and liquid to crockpot. Set temperature to LOW, cover and cook 6-8 hours.
- Serve over hot cooked noodles or rice.