Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Comfort Food! Easy to make; hard to stop eating.
- 907.18 g jar sauerkraut, drained
- 453.59-680.38 g smoked sausage, cut into 2 1/2-inch slices
- 297.66 g can beef broth
- 59.14 ml French onion soup mix
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 396.89 g can applesauce (or homemade, if you have it)
- black pepper
- Place all ingredients in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and toasted rye bread.
Wonderful comfort food! We loved this and it was so easy to throw together on a busy day. I used up two different kinds of sausage I had on hand. Since I omitted the raisins and used unsweetened applesauce I added a Tbsp of brown sugar. Sweet and savoury at its best. I will be repeating this recipe often. Thank you, Caroline