Recipe by Stella Mae
A versatile and tasty dish, either simmered on the stove 1 - 2 hours or in a crock pot for several hours while you're away. This recipe is equally good served over rice. Serve with a large green salad and bread. If there are leftovers, it freezes well for another meal.
- 6 -8 chicken pieces, with bone in skinned
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tomatoes, skinned and seeded (or 450 gr. canned)
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional) or 1 teaspoon sugar substitute (optional)
- salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- enough spaghetti, for 6 to 8 people
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown garlic and onion in olive oil.
- Add chicken parts and continue to brown.
- When browned, add all the other ingredients.
- Cover and simmer for 1- 1 and 1/2 hours Stir occasionally.
- Add a little water if required.
- Serve over hot, cooked spaghetti.
- Sprinkle fresh Parmesan over the dish, if desired.