Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a great recipe to put together in the am and let it cook all day. The house fills with a great aroma and then you eat a flavorful meal. This recipe can be made with either the corn tortillas or flour tortillas. It comes out in a layered lasagna type way with the tortillas soft but not soggy. This recipe is one originally made by Shellie Hurrle. While there are a ton of enchilada casseroles out there this one is specifically made for the slow cooker/crockpot. Fast and easy. Enjoy. ChefDLH
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 corn tortillas
- 2 cups fresh corn (or 2 cups frozen corn or 15-oz can)
- 1 (19 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- Brown ground beef and drain. Add onion and garlic; cook over medium heat until tender and transparent. Add salt and pepper. Place 2 tortillas in bottom of crockpot. Place a third of the following in layers over the tortillas: meat, corn, sauce, cheese and olives. Repeat tortillas and other layers two times. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours Serve with sour cream.
We loved it! I'm asked to bring this to every potluck and always rely on it for a quick fix when the cupboard is starting to run dry. Love it especially with corn tortillas!
I made this last night for my husband, and it was very, very good. The only suggestion my husband made was, "maybe not so much corn the next time". It was easy to prepare. I left it cook on low for 6 hrs. and warm for 2. I will definitely be keeping this recipe bookmarked.
Not pleased with this recipe. It's easy to assemble but a disappointment to eat.