Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a great recipe to put together in the am and let it cook all day. The house fills with a great aroma and then you eat a flavorful meal. This recipe can be made with either the corn tortillas or flour tortillas. It comes out in a layered lasagna type way with the tortillas soft but not soggy. This recipe is one originally made by Shellie Hurrle. While there are a ton of enchilada casseroles out there this one is specifically made for the slow cooker/crockpot. Fast and easy. Enjoy. ChefDLH
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 corn tortillas
- 2 cups fresh corn (or 2 cups frozen corn or 15-oz can)
- 1 (19 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- Brown ground beef and drain. Add onion and garlic; cook over medium heat until tender and transparent. Add salt and pepper. Place 2 tortillas in bottom of crockpot. Place a third of the following in layers over the tortillas: meat, corn, sauce, cheese and olives. Repeat tortillas and other layers two times. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours Serve with sour cream.
We loved it! I'm asked to bring this to every potluck and always rely on it for a quick fix when the cupboard is starting to run dry. Love it especially with corn tortillas!
Not pleased with this recipe. It's easy to assemble but a disappointment to eat.
I made this tonight. I used this recipe as a base and made a handful of changes. 1. didn't have enough beef - so added a drained can of black beans for the extra beef / protien. I used wheat flour tortillas. I also added a can of drained rotel tomatoes with green chilis. I also added adobo spice and chipolte spice to the mix. Lastly, garnished with fresh cilantro and sour cream. It was good - but it wasn't exceptional. Also - the flour tortilla on the bottom stuck - so I'd add some of the sauce to the bottom to prevent sticking, or spray with pam before beginning....