Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a recipe from CD Kitchen. Easy and satisfying. You could add some paprika, onions or chili flakes, if you'd like some heat to go with the sour cream.
- 500 g steak, cut in strips
- 35.43 g dry onion soup mix (1 envelope)
- 297.66 g mushroom soup, condensed (1 can)
- 223.39 g soup can water (3/4 can)
- 1 medium green capsicum, seeded and sliced (bell pepper)
- Combine all ingredients except meat in crock pot.
- Add meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 - 8 hours.
- Before serving, thicken gravy with flour or cornstarch mixed with a little water.
- Just before serving (if you wish) add 1 cup sour cream to gravy and stir well.
- Serve over noodles.
First of all, I have to say this had great flavor without adding any herbs, spices or in the Chef's words "some heat". I used a cheap cut of steak (round). The directions did not indicate how thick the strips should be, so I cut them about 1/4 in thick. I did thicken the sauce to make a gravy by taking some of the sauce out and adding a couple of tablespoons of flour to the removed sauce. Made sure it was mixed well and then slowly incorporated it back into the crockpot. I also added the optional sour cream at the end. To add color I would add some red bell pepper along with the green bell pepper that is called. I would also add some sliced onion-maybe about a 5 to 6 ounce onion sliced. Finally, my husband said he would have liked to have some more peppers that had a little crisp to them. Probably about an hour or so before the dish is done, I would add one more green and red bell pepper that had been sliced into strips. Overall this was a great dish and I will add it to our menu. Thanks Sussan for posting this recipe. Made for the Bargain Basement Tag Game 2010.