Recipe by NotQuiteVegetarian
This is a recipe from CD Kitchen. Easy and satisfying. You could add some paprika, onions or chili flakes, if you'd like some heat to go with the sour cream.
Top Review by Gadgetsmidnight
First of all, I have to say this had great flavor without adding any herbs, spices or in the Chef's words "some heat". I used a cheap cut of steak (round). The directions did not indicate how thick the strips should be, so I cut them about 1/4 in thick. I did thicken the sauce to make a gravy by taking some of the sauce out and adding a couple of tablespoons of flour to the removed sauce. Made sure it was mixed well and then slowly incorporated it back into the crockpot. I also added the optional sour cream at the end. To add color I would add some red bell pepper along with the green bell pepper that is called. I would also add some sliced onion-maybe about a 5 to 6 ounce onion sliced. Finally, my husband said he would have liked to have some more peppers that had a little crisp to them. Probably about an hour or so before the dish is done, I would add one more green and red bell pepper that had been sliced into strips. Overall this was a great dish and I will add it to our menu. Thanks Sussan for posting this recipe. Made for the Bargain Basement Tag Game 2010.
- 500 g steak, cut in strips
- 35.43 g dry onion soup mix (1 envelope)
- 297.66 g mushroom soup, condensed (1 can)
- 223.39 g soup can water (3/4 can)
- 1 medium green capsicum, seeded and sliced (bell pepper)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except meat in crock pot.
- Add meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 - 8 hours.
- Before serving, thicken gravy with flour or cornstarch mixed with a little water.
- Just before serving (if you wish) add 1 cup sour cream to gravy and stir well.
- Serve over noodles.