Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Saw this on Emeril Live the other night, and it made me drool!!! Tried it out tonight, and it was as good as expected, and couldn't be easier! SOOOOOO tender, the chicken falls right apart when you try to pick it up. It makes it's own rich broth that you turn into a gravy. With the leftover chicken, I'm making chicken and dumplings tomorrow night!!
- Rinse the chicken both inside and out under cool running water. Pat dry.
- Season the chicken liberally both inside and out with salt and pepper. Place in a slow cooker.
- Scatter the onions, carrots, celery, garlic, thyme, and lemon juice over top of the chicken. Cover the slow cooker and set the temperature to high.
- Cook for 6 hours, undisturbed.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker, and pour the accumulated juices into a 2-cup heatproof container.
- Skim the fat from the top and transfer the liquid to a small saucepan.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in a small bowl with 2 teaspoons of water and whisk to form a slurry. Whisk the slurry into the juices and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cook until thickened, season with salt and pepper, and continue to cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes.
- Cut the chicken into pieces and serve, with the thickened pan juices ladled over the top.
This was so good, the best crock pot chicken I have tried yet. I cheated and used dried thyme and bottled garlic and lemon juice.
this was so easy...my pot runs hot so i needed to reduce the time...and added extra veggies since my family loves them...also used dried thyme and bottled garlic and lemon juice...still very tasty...tfs this recipe
I fully agree with your previous posters - both easy and so good! Other then using chicken breasts and some thighs made as posted. With using chicken pieces I started on high and lowered the temperature. The aroma alone is worth a five! Great to walk in and have supper on in minutes and have it taste like you were in the kitchen cooking all day. Thank you for sharing.