6 hrs 10 mins
Japanese Delight's Note:
Saw this on Emeril Live the other night, and it made me drool!!! Tried it out tonight, and it was as good as expected, and couldn't be easier! SOOOOOO tender, the chicken falls right apart when you try to pick it up. It makes it's own rich broth that you turn into a gravy. With the leftover chicken, I'm making chicken and dumplings tomorrow night!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the chicken both inside and out under cool running water. Pat dry.
- 2Season the chicken liberally both inside and out with salt and pepper. Place in a slow cooker.
- 3Scatter the onions, carrots, celery, garlic, thyme, and lemon juice over top of the chicken. Cover the slow cooker and set the temperature to high.
- 4Cook for 6 hours, undisturbed.
- 5Remove the chicken from the slow cooker, and pour the accumulated juices into a 2-cup heatproof container.
- 6Skim the fat from the top and transfer the liquid to a small saucepan.
- 7Dissolve the cornstarch in a small bowl with 2 teaspoons of water and whisk to form a slurry. Whisk the slurry into the juices and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 8Cook until thickened, season with salt and pepper, and continue to cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes.
- 9Cut the chicken into pieces and serve, with the thickened pan juices ladled over the top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Slow-Cooked Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 582.2
- Calories from Fat 366
- Total Fat 40.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 187.1 mg
- Sodium 186.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 44.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: