Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a great meal that you can put on in the morning, and have it ready for when you get home. Kids love these!!! Really easy, and simple to make. I often cut this recipe in half, as it makes a lot.
- 1814.36 g ground beef
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml green pepper, chopped
- 793.78 g can tomato sauce
- 453.59 g tomato soup, undiluted
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, packed
- 59.14 ml ketchup
- 44.37 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml mustard
- 7.39 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- Cook beef in large skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink, stirring to break up meat. Drain fat. Add onion, and green pepper and cook, stirring frequently, 5-10 min or until onion becomes translucent and mixture become fragrant.
- Transfer meat mixture to crock pot. Add remaining ingredients, stir well to combine.
- Cover, cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Sever on fresh buns or toast!
This is a fantastic Sloppy Joe recipe. I have tried several and this is the best one yet. The sweetness of it was just perfect. Thanks for posting this lovely recipe.
I would have given it 5 stars, but my DH said that it was a little too sweet. He wants me to experiment with it to make it have more heat to it and less sweet. All in all, it was VERY easy and I won't do the "canned" stuff again!
I made this tonight, and I will never buy Manwich again!! The large ingredient list may look intimidating, but you throw it all together in the AM, and let it sit all day. When it's dinnertime, it's ready to serve!I halved the recipe to serve my family of five. The sauce was sweet with a nice slight tang to it. Letting it cook in the crock put really allows the meat to absorb the flavors. My kids ages 19 months, Two and a Half, and Ten..LOVED IT! (As did my husband and I) I will definitly make this again!