Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Yummy sloppy joes - doesn't get too much easier than this.
Make and share this Crock Pot Sloppy Joes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups catsup
- 1 medium green sweet pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 16 -20 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a large skillet cook ground beef, onion, and garlic until onion is tender and meat is browned.
- Drain off fat.
- In a crockpot combine catsup, sweet pepper, celery, water, brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and chili powder.
- Stir in beef, onion, and garlic.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve on toasted buns.
These Sloppy Joes are really great! They smelled so good cooking, also! Had some left over and DH made a Sloppy Joe Pizza (put Sloppy Joe on Pizza Shell, topped with Cheddar Cheese and Baked) which we had the next day, for lunch! Will keep this recipe handy! Easy meal and great tasting!
I gave this a try because I liked the idea of a crockpot recipe. It was okay but I have better recipes I will make instead.
These were really good. There aren't too many crock pot recipes we like but this is on the short list! I wouldn't change a thing. Only thing i would say is that it didn't make 18 servings for us...more like 9 or so. Thanks for the great recipe shinyllib