Recipe by shinylib
Yummy sloppy joes - doesn't get too much easier than this.
Top Review by BB502
These Sloppy Joes are really great! They smelled so good cooking, also! Had some left over and DH made a Sloppy Joe Pizza (put Sloppy Joe on Pizza Shell, topped with Cheddar Cheese and Baked) which we had the next day, for lunch! Will keep this recipe handy! Easy meal and great tasting!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups catsup
- 1 medium green sweet pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 16 -20 hamburger buns, split and toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet cook ground beef, onion, and garlic until onion is tender and meat is browned.
- Drain off fat.
- In a crockpot combine catsup, sweet pepper, celery, water, brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and chili powder.
- Stir in beef, onion, and garlic.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve on toasted buns.