Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an example of what happens when I get a hold of a recipe. This has been doctored up and changed from its original state that now it is a new creation. While some will say that soppy Joes are to be eaten open face, others will say No! I want to hold it in my hand. In our family, it is open for debate.
- 4 -6 lbs hamburger, browned
- 1 cup onion, chopped fine
- 4 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 24 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce, your favorite we like the smoky stuff
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- The reason I say 4 to 6 lbs of hamburger is if you like is open faced and messy then use 4lbs but if you like is firmer so you can hold it in your hand then use 6lbs either way brown the hamburger, drain fat and toss it in the crock pot.
- Add the rest.
- leave on low for 4 or more hours on low.
- I get one meal that night and freeze two for later.