Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 hrs
This is my version of #41685. I was trying to figure out the calorie counts for using skinless, boneless chicken and the math and conversions were killing me, so I decided to try entering the converted recipe to see if that would help. I also added eggplant & zucchini.
- 1 -2 lb skinless chicken breast
- 1 -2 lb skinless chicken thigh
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small eggplant, cubed
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 6 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery powder (I used celery seeds that I rubbed between my fingers)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (I used a pinch) (optional)
- 1. Place onions in bottom of crock pot.
- 2. Add the chicken pieces.
- 3. Add the zucchini & eggplant.
- 4. Stir all the other ingredients together.
- 5. Pour over the eggplant/zucchini layer.
- 6. Cook on low heat 7-9 hours or high heat for about 3-4 hours.
- 7. Serve over pasta or rice.