Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is great when u just have no time for anything else.
Make and share this Crock Pot Simple Beef Goulash recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs beef brisket, cross rib or 2 lbs short rib pot roast, cut in 1 inch cubes or 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 (10 ounce) can whole mushrooms (do NOT drain)
- 8 cups vegetables, cut in small chunks (carrots, potatoes, rutabaga or turnip, parsnip and or green pepper)
- Place ingredients plus 1 1/2 cups water in 4 quart crock pot.
- Stir, cover and cook on high for 5 to 6 hours (or on low for 10 to 12 hours).
- Serve goulash with dumplings or over hot cooked noodles or rice.
- If desired, omit tapioca and mix 1/4 cup cornstarch or flour with 1/4 cup water to make a paste.
- Turn the heat to high 15 minutes before serving and stir in the paste.
- Cook until it boils and thickens.