6 hrs 25 mins
This is great when u just have no time for anything else.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs beef brisket, cross rib or 2 lbs short rib pot roast, cut in 1 inch cubes or 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 (10 ounce) can whole mushrooms (do NOT drain)
- 8 cups vegetables, cut in small chunks (carrots, potatoes, rutabaga or turnip, parsnip and or green pepper)
- 1Place ingredients plus 1 1/2 cups water in 4 quart crock pot.
- 2Stir, cover and cook on high for 5 to 6 hours (or on low for 10 to 12 hours).
- 3Serve goulash with dumplings or over hot cooked noodles or rice.
- 4If desired, omit tapioca and mix 1/4 cup cornstarch or flour with 1/4 cup water to make a paste.
- 5Turn the heat to high 15 minutes before serving and stir in the paste.
- 6Cook until it boils and thickens.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Simple Beef Goulash
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.1
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 93.7 mg
- Sodium 654.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 33.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: