Recipe by bmcnichol
This is a tasty and easy Shrimp Chowder. Adapted this recipe from Quick Cooking.
Top Review by love chessies
I have made this several times. I used cream of shrimp soup and cream of potatoe soup. I also added crab meat with the shrimp. This is delicious and so easy to make. This is a great dish for football playoff games potlock days.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (11 ounce) can white corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 lbs cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender.
- In crockpot, combine the onion mixture, milk, soups, corn, Creole seasoning and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- Stir in shrimp and cream cheese.
- Cook 30 minutes longer or until shrimp are heated through and cheese is melted.
- Stir to blend.