Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A simple no fuss meal...
- 2 medium potatoes (diced)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 4 slices bacon (diced)
- 500 g frozen shrimp (shelled)
- 500 g frozen broccoli
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup hot chicken broth or 1 cup bouillon
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- Place potatoes, onion, bacon, shrimp, broccoli, and mushrooms in bottom of crockpot.
- In a large bowl, gradually stir the butter into chicken broth, and then add soy sauce, garlic, nutmeg, and pepper.
- Slowly blend the flour into the liquid, making sure to eliminate all lumps.
- Finally, thoroughly combine the milk, cream, and flour mixture.
- Pour into crockpot.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 hours. Stir occasionally.
- (About 1 hour prior to serving, additional flour may be added to thicken to desired consistency).
- Serve over rice, pasta, or with bread bowl.
- ***A small iceberg salad with cherry tomatoes and cheese makes a great accompaniment.