Recipe by SweetJ
This EASY shredded turkey recipe is great on good quality, buttery sandwich rolls. I know, it sounds weird, but trust me, its wonderful! Just an FYI - it makes a lot and freezes perfectly!
Top Review by angelWannaB
dee-lish, kids loved it ... didn't chg a thing...put turkey frozen in crock pot on high, placed a clean kitchen towel over it then the lid on top (turkey was taller than my crock) ... started cooking at 8 a.m. by 7 p.m. waalaa .... oh yes p.s. the gravy/giblet bag came out easy half way thru I pierced it with fork and allowed liquid to drain into contents....<br/><br/>my girls kindergarten & 3 rd grade asked for sandwiches for 2 days<br/><br/>definate keeper...thanks for sharing SweetJ
- 1 (12 ounce) can light beer
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 10 lbs frozen whole turkey breast, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour beer into a large crock pot.
- Add butter and onion soup mix. Stir to incorporate soup mix into the beer.
- Place turkey breast into crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or overnight.
- After cooked, separate meat from the bone and discard bone. (Do not discard liquid!).
- Using two forks, shred the meat.
- Serve warm on sandwich rolls.