A different twist on traditional tacos and a great way to sneak veggies into your kid’s diet. This mixture may also be served over pasta or brown rice rather than using tortillas.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 large onion, finely diced
- 1 bell pepper, finely diced (red, yellow or green)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, diced in 3/4 cubes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- flour tortillas or corn tortilla
- sour cream
- Fry bacon until crisp. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Add all remaining ingredients except pork, bacon and black beans to crock pot and stir well.
- Stir in pork and bacon.
- Cover and cook on high 4 hours or until pork is done.
- Break up pieces of pork with a fork or a potato masher.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add drained black beans and continue to cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Serve with flour or corn shells, guacamole, sour cream, cheese, and salsa.