1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Shredded Pork & Black Bean Tacos
A different twist on traditional tacos and a great way to sneak veggies into your kid’s diet. This mixture may also be served over pasta or brown rice rather than using tortillas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 large onion, finely diced
- 1 bell pepper, finely diced (red, yellow or green)
- 1/2 cup celery, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, diced in 3/4 cubes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- flour tortillas or corn tortilla
- 1Fry bacon until crisp. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- 2Add all remaining ingredients except pork, bacon and black beans to crock pot and stir well.
- 3Stir in pork and bacon.
- 4Cover and cook on high 4 hours or until pork is done.
- 5Break up pieces of pork with a fork or a potato masher.
- 6Reduce heat to low.
- 7Add drained black beans and continue to cook on high for 30 minutes.
- 8Serve with flour or corn shells, guacamole, sour cream, cheese, and salsa.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Shredded Pork & Black Bean Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.1
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 57.9 mg
- Sodium 784.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 24.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo